Email marketing strategies and tactics are spread across the web. But even with the help of resources and email marketing softwares, mistakes are regularly made.
Creating a brand and a strong user base is the ultimate bottom line for a start-up. However the founders should adopt the right method to make email-marketing work in their favor. The elementary strategy is to send the right information to the right people at the right time.
There are a number of ways to make email-marketing a hit like enthralling visuals, informative content and catchy lines. Email-marketing is the spine for all start-ups. The key focus here is to get email deliverability and content right. A decline in performance of this means hundreds of customers will not receive updates from the company.
Here it comes. All hail the 5 key points to remember for an efficacious email marketing that one essentially master to succeed.
- Obtaining Consent: – Email marketing should never be constructed without obtaining prior consent of the users. The name and address adopted by the company must be such that the customer identifies and trusts. This prevents your email campaign from landing up in spam folders. By simply sending emails wont bear any fruit hence the company needs to be more specific in terms of
- How often will emails be sent?
- Do customers receive any offers for sharing their email address?
- How much discount are they to receive?
Example: Poppins has done a fairly great work by being specific of their product they have to offer, offering a discount up to 15% with promo code through email marketing.
- Creating Attractive Subject Line: The marketer must try and keep the subject like short, simple, specific to compel the readers to open your email. Try to personalize the message, mailchimp research suggests including the readers first or lasting name and even the city name. Do not repeat the subject line over the time. Most people just glance through the subject line deciding whether or not to open the mail. Hence limit your subject line to 40-50 characters.
- CAUTION! Do Not Spam: – Spamming has become illegal. Yes, you read that right. United States passed the CAN-SPAM Act (Controlling the Assault of Non-Solicited Pornography and Marketing Act) and Canada created CASL (Canada’s Anti-Spam Law). Avoid using dishonest and misleading subject lines and message content. White house domain will identify the area of spam and blacklist your account.
Another point to remember is to make sure that you completely trust your email-marketing service and database provider. White house domain operates in a secure environment with fully redundant backup and disaster recovery systems by not abiding by these rules would only lead to penalties and fines from the U.S government.
- Use Compelling Visuals:-The product image must be presented on a white back ground this avoids the page to look uncluttered. Eliminate large pictures and optimize them to be smaller for easy viewing on mobile devices. Use attractive colors, the visual must appeal of the emotional side of the users. It is significant to clinch the power of beautiful designs to surge the rate of readers to read the mail further.
- Powerful Message Content: – Use short paragraphs with keywords that is more relevant to your readers. Make use of bullet points allowing the readers to read fast. Remember image is not a substitute for content. Let the content be specific, crisp and clean. Create your message according to the audience you’re targeting like teenagers, housewives, business people. There must always be a strong and specific objective that your message is trying to convey.
Email- marketing is a great, cost friendly way of keeping in contact with your customer which is overlooked by many companies. It helps in building brand loyalty. Yes, it is getting challenging to get the emails read by everyone. But if you do it right by building the relationship with your consumers they’ll definitely want to hear more from you. With the right strategic approach, proper regulation and a powerful message, your business is sure to profit from email marketing.